Lake Norman Sporting Arms and Range is proud to be part of the responsible corporate citizenry in ‘going green.’
Some of our environmentally responsible features at the Range at Lake Norman include:
- All ammo sold and used at the range will include minimal exposure and release of lead. This includes reduced lead primers and full copper jacketing on the slugs. we require Total Metal jacket ammunition (TMJ) for all pistol caliber ammunition. Rifle ammunition must be Full metal jacket (FMJ)
- The range is outfitted with a 5 KW solar array (phase 1) which will be used to offset the carbon footprint of our facility.
- The most modern air-filtration system available will purify the air from all pollutants and particles generated in the discharging of your firearms. The air we release is cleaner than what we bring in!
- Our site contains a rain garden and storm water Bio retention pond, limiting the amount of contaminants leaving the site and entering our creek and river system.
- When cleaning your firearms, we will be using environmentally friendly products like Hoppe’s Elite. They are non-toxic, biodegradable and clean on a molecular level. Not only great for the environment, these work the best out of any of the products that we have used in 40 plus years of gun cleaning!
- All of our range lighting is LED, reducing our air conditioning usage and our power usage. The facility’s 270 incandescent 65 watt bulbs have all been replaced with 6 watt LED lighting. Cleaner, brighter, greener!